The union’s briefing on the Scottish Government Education Plan: says: “…the absence of any recognition of the wider education team is very disappointing. It also warns of plans to to remove schools from local democratic control. Please note: The print version of this issue referred to school staff as ‘non-teaching’ staff. This terminology is not supported by UNISON members in schools and we apologise for the error.
Plus FE pay ballot and Pride report and coverage of all the main UNISON speakers at UNISON National Delegate Conference and Local Government Conference in Brighton.
– Organising will defeat the Trade Union Act
– Young members tackle bullying
– UNISON wins call to defend human rights
– Conference backs #Justice4Jannies
– Fair funding to support branches
– Supporting stewards essential to union’s strength
– Privatised electricity not fit for purpose
– Co-ordinated action key to pay justice
– Huge support for Corbyn at Conference
– Conference backs Scotland strategy for organising in voluntary sector
– Changes to state pension hit women hardest
– ‘Incapability’ must not be used to sack
– Renew fight against council cuts
and much more…